Consulate General in Montreal

Pets (Dogs and cats)

When travelling to Argentina with your pet (dogs and cats only) the requirements established by the National Service of Animal Health (SENASA) are:

- International Veterinarian Certificate, issued by the Veterinary Authority of the country of provenance/origin. In the case of Canada, this is the " Canadian Food Inspection Agency".

The certificate must be issued within 30 days of the date the animal will enter Argentina.

In case the Certificate is not in spanish, it must be translated to this language.


For all other information about this matter please visit the web site of SENASA

For any other animals please go to or o